Friday, December 19, 2008

Mignonette sauce... It's oyster time!

After I dig out of the snow and ice that have fallen here in West Des Moines tonight, I plan on getting oysters tomorrow.  I'll be heading to Waterfront Seafood.  I believe they are the best fish mongers in the city.  I could also head to Gateway Market, but I've never purchased oysters from them.  I think I'll find a wider variety at Waterfront.  I like to eat them with mignonette sauce, or simply with tabasco and lemon.  Horseradish is one of my favorites too.  I'll find some horseradish while I'm out...

Here's my recipe. This will make a little over 1 cup of sauce. Enough for more than a few oysters.

Mignonette Sauce 

1/2 cup champagne 
1/2 cup champagne vinegar
2 finely chopped shallots
1 T of minced celery leaves
1 1/2 t sea salt
4 t of freshly cracked black pepper

Mix all ingredients well.  Serve at room temperature.


1 comment: